For a great little Surface Mount practice kit, see Roman Black's Shift-1 wire serial LCD driver and project board
Surface mount devices have many advantages and a few disadvantages. More and more components are available only in SMT packages, so learning to work with them is becomming critical.
|Takes up much less space
Wider range of parts avilable
Can be soldered in batches by reflow or wave techniques
Automated placement very possible
|No leads to hold component in place while soldering
Small size makes hand soldering difficult wtihout a brace or very steady hand
Bridged solder traces more likely and difficult to see.
Easy to loose if dropped
http://www.heatshrinkgunsindia.com We represent STEINEL from Germany for their Hot Air Heat Guns useful for various applications.
Microprocessor-controlled, high-end heat gun with temperature control, LCD display and cold air stage for Removal of SMD ICâ¬s & PTH Componets / Microprocessors of Mini Systems, Mobile Phones, CTV, LCD TV, or any other electronic Chassis is difficult using our Normal Soldering Irons. Hot Air Gun is useful to facilitate easy rework without damaging the ICs and the Boards.
Apart from above there many other applications like:
1. Removal of SMD Components and Dualin IC's through Printed Through Hole Circuits (which otherwise would be difficult without the expensive De-soldering Stations, SMD Rework Stations).
2. Removal of small particles that get stuck in the small holes, while removing Dualin IC's through Printed through hole Circuits.
3. Removal of SMD IC's specially Micro Processor for System etc.
4. Removal of moisture on the PCB's can also be done with the Steinel Hot Air Gun.
5. Shrink Sleeving and Shrink Tubing.
6. Softening of Wires in Motors during repairs.
7. Drying of Adhesives / Filters / Activating Emulsions etc.
8. Several other applications where flameless heat is required.
Applications in Refrigerators / Washing Machines / Air-conditions
1. Alignment of Gaskets in the Refrigerators.
2. To Smoothen the Doors of the Refrigerators.
3. To Remove White Marks in HIP Blow Moulded Sheets.
4. To Remove Moisture.
5. For drying of metallic parts after washing in water jet
For more details please write to us and we will be happy to assist you.
Board: 022-26731904 / 26731052 Ext # 35 Fax: 022-26731901
|file: /Techref/smds.htm, 6KB, , updated: 2012/12/24 13:22, local time: 2018/5/20 12:45,
|©2018 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.sxlist.com/techref/smds.htm"> SMD</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
Welcome to sxlist.com!
& kind contributors
just like you!
Please don't rip/copy
Copies of the site on CD
are available at minimal cost.
Welcome to www.sxlist.com!