please dont rip this site

PWB reference designators

prev: pwb_layers.htm -- next: pwb_test_fixture.htm

(also called PCB reference designators)

You've seen circuit boards with cryptic little white words like "R129" and "C17". Those are the reference designators. You may already know what the "R" and "C" stand for -- but what are these parts labeled "Z1" and "Z2" ? And when I'm making a new board, how should I label this polyfuse ?

reference designators

reference designators (Is ``reference designations'' the same thing ?) [general PWB design]




file: /Techref/pwb_reference_designators.htm, 7KB, , updated: 2009/6/23 12:14, local time: 2024/7/18 07:44, owner: DAV-MP-E62a,

 ©2024 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?
Please DO link to this page! Digg it! / MAKE!

<A HREF=""> PWB reference designators (PCB reference designators)</A>

After you find an appropriate page, you are invited to your to this massmind site! (posts will be visible only to you before review) Just type a nice message (short messages are blocked as spam) in the box and press the Post button. (HTML welcomed, but not the <A tag: Instead, use the link box to link to another page. A tutorial is available Members can login to post directly, become page editors, and be credited for their posts.

Link? Put it here: 
if you want a response, please enter your email address: 
Attn spammers: All posts are reviewed before being made visible to anyone other than the poster.
Did you find what you needed?


Welcome to!

Site supported by
sales, advertizing,
& kind contributors
just like you!

Please don't rip/copy
(here's why

Copies of the site on CD
are available at minimal cost.

Welcome to!